Juice Fast Progress

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Under, under, under my skin

When do we learn the MOTHAFUCKIN' ATTACK YOGA? They keep talking about shooting figurative lasers out of our outstretched hands and feet - when do we get the literal lasers? Because I have a bunch of people I need to incinerate!!!

Well, maybe not quite so drastically. It seems that I'm about a week behind everybody else, because the irritation and annoyance that everybody seemed to have been hit by last week hit me like a mack truck today. The specific irritants aren't worth describing, that'd just exacerbate the problem. To quote Ruben & Ed, "It's not the problem that's the problem, it's how you handle the problem that's the problem". I'm really frustrated with myself in the physical aspects of the practice - of course, in areas that I shouldn't waste time being frustrated about. I'm frustrated with myself because I can't empty and still my mind while under a heat blower in a 106F room. And these frustrations are just bleeding out into irritation with things I'm surrounded by, things that probably wouldn't normally trouble me enough to get worked up about it.

Last night I stayed up until 2am writing a computer program to randomly quiz me in anatomy/physiology to help study for the midterm, which was today. I got 100% correct (even without the giveaways!), but I seriously doubt it was worth the sleep deprivation and general shreddedness in class today. Still - I can use the same program for the next midterm next week, so that'll be something.

I feel like I'm in a stalling place. Usually that feeling is shortly followed by something drastic, so I'm a little expectant. Bring it... on?

No comments: