Juice Fast Progress

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 28: CAN I GET A WITNESS

Man, I can TASTE THE FINISH LINE. Which, I might add, would be a fantastic semi-ironic catch-phrase for a sports drink.  PowerCrusherAdeGator: TASTE THE FINISH LINE.

I was telling Stacy last night that, compared to where I started, this change in my body (and mind, spirit) seems more significant than the three months of Teacher Training. Admitted, when I went to TT, I had been doing yoga almost every day for 6 months, so I was in fightin' shape before I started, whereas with this - I was on the, "all meat & bread, all fried, all the time" diet before I started, so the comparison isn't really fair.

Still, I can't help but be stunned at how much you can really change yourself in how short a time. All you have to do is commit to something crazy.  I look at the changes that a single, measly month has brought and think - not only am I feeling wonderful and thin and young and bright, but my attitude about life and the world around me has changed quite a bit.  I find myself being less negative, less snarky, less critical, and less concerned with being "right".   I find myself walking more slowly, smelling the morning grass and the flowers on the air of spring. I'm paying attention.  What an extraordinary gift!  And, really - all things considered.... what a cheap price to pay for it.

3 comments:

Stacy Bissell said...

:)

taisuke said...

wow chris you crazy motherfucker. congratulations for really sticking with the program and coming out on the other side with such positivity! you should print this post up and stick it on a surface you look at every day so you don't forget the way you feel right now. this doesn't have to be a temporary thing!

high five!

Christopher Horvath said...

Taisuke - you're crazy. After thursday, it's ALL STEAK ALL THE TIME. I WILL HAVE TWO STEAKS FOR BREAKFAST EVERY DAY, IN STEAK-SHAKE FORM.