Juice Fast Progress

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 28: CAN I GET A WITNESS

Man, I can TASTE THE FINISH LINE. Which, I might add, would be a fantastic semi-ironic catch-phrase for a sports drink.  PowerCrusherAdeGator: TASTE THE FINISH LINE.

I was telling Stacy last night that, compared to where I started, this change in my body (and mind, spirit) seems more significant than the three months of Teacher Training. Admitted, when I went to TT, I had been doing yoga almost every day for 6 months, so I was in fightin' shape before I started, whereas with this - I was on the, "all meat & bread, all fried, all the time" diet before I started, so the comparison isn't really fair.

Still, I can't help but be stunned at how much you can really change yourself in how short a time. All you have to do is commit to something crazy.  I look at the changes that a single, measly month has brought and think - not only am I feeling wonderful and thin and young and bright, but my attitude about life and the world around me has changed quite a bit.  I find myself being less negative, less snarky, less critical, and less concerned with being "right".   I find myself walking more slowly, smelling the morning grass and the flowers on the air of spring. I'm paying attention.  What an extraordinary gift!  And, really - all things considered.... what a cheap price to pay for it.

2 comments:

Stacy Bissell said...

:)

Christopher Horvath said...

Taisuke - you're crazy. After thursday, it's ALL STEAK ALL THE TIME. I WILL HAVE TWO STEAKS FOR BREAKFAST EVERY DAY, IN STEAK-SHAKE FORM.